Nowadays many people are deciding to cut back on their consumption of meat and other animal products. There are a few reasons for this, including numerous health concerns, a compassionate stance on animal welfare, and negative environmental implications. If this is you, then whatever your reason is, I commend you on making this decision!
So, you have decided to or are considering cutting back on meat, eggs, fish, and dairy — what can you eat and how do you make it? Too often this is the most challenging and at times most discouraging aspect of adopting a plant-based diet; what am I supposed to eat? Well, lucky for you there are loads of things you can eat! From rice and potatoes to stuffed portobellos, the options are truly endless, and all you need to do is a quick little Google search for vegan or vegetarian recipes to make your new way of eating feel spectacular! People also often think it must be a lot more difficult to cook plant-based meals, but that is a myth! In a lot of ways plant-based meals are in fact easier. The recipes listed below couldn’t be simpler for anyone who is beginning this journey, and even for people like me, who sometimes just want a simple and delicious vegan meal.
1. 5 Ingredient Black Bean Chilli
Butternut Squash Ramen Bowl With Rice Noodles, Tofu and Pea Shoots
3. Creamy Polenta & Mushrooms
4. Chickpea & Artichoke ‘Bliss in a Dish’ One-Pot Wonder
5. West African Peanut & Sweet Potato Stew
6. Spaghetti Puttanesca With Olives & Artichokes
7. Easy Creamy Tomato Barley Risotto
8. Easy Lentil, Sweet Potato & Coconut Curry
9. Vegan Eggplant Pasta
10. Kale & Cannelini Bean Soup
11. Indian Aloo Gobi (Potato & Cauliflower)
12. Cauliflower, Kale & Chickpea Curry
13. Veggie & Soba Noodle Soup
14. Mexican Casserole
15. ‘Cheesy’ Broccoli Pasta
16. Peanut Sesame Noodles & Veggies
And there you have it! I think it’s safe to say that you don’t have to sacrifice taste and variety when choosing a more plant-based diet. Which one are you most excited to try? The creamy polenta with mushrooms is screaming my name! Do you have any quick and simple one-pot vegan dinner recipes to share? Please do so in the comments below!