Recipe for the Homemade Raffaello:
Yield: 20-25 candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 c. dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds
- 1/2 c. dried shredded coconut for rolling
- In a stand mixer beat together butter and sugar two minutes on medium speed.
- Reduce speed to low and add milk powder, 3/4 cup coconut, vanilla wafers, and extract to combine. Refrigerate one hour or overnight.
- Using a cookie scoop measure out dough balls and insert an almond into the center. Carefully remove the candy dough from the scoop and gently use your hands to shape the candy into balls. Roll each ball in coconut and serve.
- Store in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 3 days.